Since my son’s birthday falls in December, cake was perfect this month!
This recipe may be tough for some but follow closely and you will be just fine!
- Purchase the boxed cake mix of your choice
- Follow instructions on the package
- Choose the cake pan of your choice – our theme this year was Spiderman!
- Prepare pan and bake according to directions on box
- Remove from oven and let cool
- 1 lb Shortening
- 1/2 cup Milk (you can use water or light cream as well)
- 2 lbs Powered Sugar
- 1 teaspoon Vanilla
- 1/2 teaspoon Lemon Extract
- 1/2 teaspoon Almond Extract
- Add all extracts to the milk
- In a stand mixer beat the shortening until fluffy
- Add powered sugar and milk mixture gradually
- Using icing color, dye the frosting to the colors needed for selected cake
Time To Frost The Cake:
- Remove cake from pan and put on a cake board or serving dish
- I actually followed the directions suggested on the pattern and here is the progress: