Like Erla’s cake recipe, this cherry pie recipe is also difficult, so pay attention.
1. Take frozen pie crust out of freezer and defrost.
2. Open two cans of cherry pie filling
3. Unfold pie crust and lay first crust in the pie plate. Cut off extra and crimp edges (i did a better job after the picture).
4. Empty pie filling into crust.
5. Lay remain crust on flat surface and slice into 1″ bands. Alternate bands on top of pie crust filling, making lattice.
6. Brush egg over crust. Bake until done.
I promise if I wasn’t worried about brining, basting and roasting my 25lb turkey, I would have put in a little more effort. There is always next month!!!