Now that I am off grains, i had to come up with a creative idea for my cupcakes. After much searching, i found these yummy gluten free chocolate cupcakes. Thanks to elana’s pantry for the recipe.
- In a medium bowl, combine coconut flour, cocoa powder, salt and baking soda
- In a large bowl, blend together eggs, oil and agave
- Blend dry ingredients into wet thoroughly
- Line a cupcake tin with paper liners and scoop a scant 1/4 cup into each
- Bake at 375° for 20-22 minutes
- Cool and cover with vegan “buttercream” chocolate frosting
It must be the new math, but i followed the recipe to a T and used a 1/4 cup measure and could only squeeze out five cupcakes.
- In a small saucepan over very low heat, melt chocolate and grapeseed oil
- Stir in agave, vanilla and salt
- Place frosting in freezer for 15 minutes to chill and thicken
- Remove from freezer and whip frosting with a hand blender until it is thick and fluffy
- Frost over cake, chocolate or vanilla cupcakes or between cookies
I could never get the frosting to ‘whip up’ so i just dipped the cupcakes into the delicious chocolatey goodness 😉 Enjoy!