Easy Stovetop Peach Cobbler – Allrecipes.com
- 1 (29 ounce) can sliced peaches
- 2 teaspoons ground cinnamon (optional)
- 1/4 cup white sugar
- 1 (9 ounce) package yellow cake mix
- 4 teaspoons margarine
- Pour peaches and juice into a saucepan.
- Sprinkle the top with cinnamon and sugar.
- Empty the cake mix on top of the peaches in an even layer.
- Place the margarine on top of the cake mix in the center.
- Cover sauce pan with a lid and bring to a simmer over medium-high heat.
- Once you see steam escaping the saucepan, reduce heat to medium-low, and continue cooking for 10 minutes. Do not lift the lid during this time!
- Remove from heat and allow to stand with the lid on for 15 minutes before serving. The cake mix should look like dumplings.
- I made this while camping and everyone says it was delish!!
- I also added bananas to the top butter layer for a little extra flavor
- The recipe called for only half the peach juice but I used all of it