As soon as I saw this recipe, I knew that I had to try it!
- 2 1/2 cups grated beets
- 1 Cup of Agave Nectar
- 4 Eggs
- 1/2 cup Grapeseed Oil
- 1 Tablespoon Vanilla Extract
- 1/2 Teaspoon Almond Extract
- 1/2 Cup Cacao Powder
- In a medium saucepan, heat the beets and agave (I used honey) to a boil, then cover
- Reduce to a simmer and cook for 30 minutes, until the beets are soft
- Transfer beet-agave (or honey) mixture to a Vitamix (I used my blender) and puree on highest speed until smooth
- Blend in eggs, oil (I used olive oil), vanilla, almond extract, and cacao until thoroughly incorporated
- Pour batter into a well greased 9-inch cake pan (I used muffin pan)
- Bake at 350 degrees for 30-35 minutes until a knife inserted into the center comes out clean
- Cool and serve
Thank you to Elana’s Pantry for this great recipe! Wonder if people would know that they are made with beets if I don’t tell them??
Now the photos!