I am taking a little lee-way with “g” and making egg nog (that is 3 g’s!!).
- 1/2 large avocado, pitted and frozen
- 1 large banana, peeled and frozen
- 1 can of full-fat coconut milk (400ml), chilled in fridge
- 1 tbsp fresh lemon juice (about 1/4 of a fresh lemon)
- 1.5 cups almond milk
- 1/2 cup pure maple syrup (I omitted)
- 1-3 tsp ground nutmeg (to taste, add gradually)
- 1/4 tsp cinnamon
- 1/8th tsp ground cloves
- 1 tsp pure vanilla extract
- Cinnamon stick, for garnish
- 1/4 cup-1/2 cup Bourbon (optional), to taste
Directions: Pit and freeze the 1/2 of an avocado and peel and freeze the large banana prior to making this recipe. Add the liquid ingredients into a blender and blend for about 10 seconds to mix. Now add in your frozen and dry ingredients and blend until smooth. Taste and adjust spices and liquids if necessary. You can adapt it to how you’d like it! Makes 6 cups. Serve with a cinnamon stick (optional). This will not keep long. Serve immediately after making.
Thank you to ohsheglows.com for the recipe.
This non-dairy girl who loves egg nog is so excited!!!!