We are 4 sisters with 8 names and live on 2 continents. The blog came to life in the only place feasible: the kitchen.
Janine or Ruth: Mother of 3 and an RN.
Jessica or Gene: Mother of 1 and a lawyer.
Jenna or Erla: Mother of 1, owns a tattoo shop and works in a museum.
Jamey or Neve: World traveler, lives in the UK.
I hate to state the obvious but here goes: we grew up in a very busy household. A bustling household full of women means that we needed a lot of rules. The basic rules included:
• Don’t touch my stuff
• Don’t tell mom and dad
• Don’t cross this line of duct tape
It’s been many years since we all lived under one roof, not to mention the same state, country or continent. We created this fun baking/blog project to keep us close, even when we’re miles apart.
The gist of this project is this: over the next 12 months each sister has to make/bake/create a designated item in her kitchen each month. Here are the monthly assignments:
May: Blue November: Tan/brown
June: Pink December: Red and/or Green
July: Red/White/Blue January: White
August: Purple February: Red and/or white
September: Gold March: Green
October: Orange and/or Black April: Yellow
May: Mint November: Pumpkin
June: Lemon December: Chocolate
July: Berries January: Coffee
August: Peaches February: Wine
September: Cheese March: Coconut
October: Apples April: Rhubarb
May: Cookies November: Pie
June: Muffins December: Cake
July: Frozen January: International
August: Liquid February: Brownies
September: Breakfast pastry March: Cupcakes
October: Bars April: Bread
Even though we’re all grown up now and most of us even have children of our own, it seems that we still need some rules in order to play nicely together. Today’s basic rules are:
• You have to make something from the required category, but feel free to stretch each category to your own liking
• Photos are required of the final product but can also include the baking process
• Everything does not have to be done from scratch…be creative
• Post a blog about what you made, why you chose it and why your choice is better than everyone else’s!! HA!
• Baking must be done by the last day of the month and posted within 7 days
On your mark…get set…BAKE!